E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2003-08-13 08:20:53

dreid

Re: PowerGen and Multiple PB Versions

We do maintenance and development on a suite of PowerBuilder applications and are currently using PB 8.01.  We need to continue to support our many customers while we switch to developing our next release which we are currently planning on doing with PB 8.03.  The questions that I have are around what is necessary to make this work.

Current configuration is that all developers have PB 8.01 installed and the developer who does our spins also has PowerGen 5.5 installed.  (Source is maintained in CVS and extracted by our spin doctor to do spins)   What I am planning on doing is upgrading all developers to PB 8.03.   My basic question is will my spin doctor still be able to generate .EXEs and .PBDs from his machine that are compatible with PB 8.01 (for maintaince on the existing release) and PB 8.03 (for development of the new release)?   Is any special configuration necessary or is simply a matter of which PBDK we provide with the compiled code.

The main reason I have in not simply upgrading the existing release to PB 8.03 is the time necessary to do a full system test.

#2 2003-08-13 12:28:23

Phil

Re: PowerGen and Multiple PB Versions

Don,

I don't see any practical reason why you can't continue doing your builds with 8.0.1, unless there's a particular regeneration/build problem you've run into using it.  We haven't had any reports of problems doing this.

Regards,

Phil

Board footer