E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-12 07:42:32

MSharpe

Re: Compatibility with Windows 7 and related things

My department currently uses Powergen 5.0 to build an app maintained in PowerBuilder 7.0.3 until it can be replaced.  The PC on which we now do our builds is set for replacement in a month or two, and we are trying to get our hands around what we're facing.  Over the years we have lost track of our Powergen 5.0 install disks, but I found out this morning that we do have Powergen 7.5 available on our network. 

First question:  Will Powergen 7.5 it be able to make sense out of an application developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.3?

Second question:  Is Powergen 7.5 expected to be compatible with Windows 7?

Third question:  How likely is it that Powergen 7.5 will run succesfully under the XP mode expected to be available under Windows 7? 

#2 2009-10-21 12:38:08

Phil

Re: Compatibility with Windows 7 and related things

First question: PowerGen V7.5 supports PB7.x and is upwards compatible with PowerGen V5.0
Second question: PowerGen is expected to be compatible with Windows 7; we have tested with Windows Server 2008 and will test with Windows 7 as soon as we have an installation.
Third question: I can only guess at this point that PowerGen will operate in the XP mode.

Regards,

Phil

Board footer