E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-06 07:33:10

dolliver

Re: Can PowerGen corrupt .pbls?

We are using PowerGen 7.5 to compile several PB 11.5 apps on a Windows 2003 server.  Twice over the last couple of months, one or more objects within a .pbl either would not regenerate or would cause PB to crash when attempting to open them.  We don't have PowerGen setup to recreate .pbls or to connect to source control.

Is .pbl corruption by PowerGen a possibility? Could this happen if we accidentally ran multiple PowerGen instances, each compiling a different source area?

Thanks,

Don Olliver
Epic-Premier Solutions, Inc.

#2 2010-07-30 12:45:07

Phil

Hi Don,

I have never seen a case where PowerGen corrupts a PBL (but I'm open to any possibility).  Is this reproducible?

Regards,

Phil

#3 2010-08-09 07:25:47

dolliver

Thanks for your reply, Phil.  No, this is not reproducible.  I was looking for your opinion on the likelihood of PowerGen being the culprit.  It's also possible our disk array is starting to go bad. 

If it turns out PowerGen is responsible and we can reproduce, I'll arrange to send you a test case.

Thanks,
Don

Board footer