E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-23 10:47:52

ptbarnum

Re: Export Headers

Powerbuilder no longer includes the comment line in exported source, but PowerGen includes the Comment line when doing an export.  The problem is that I would like to export all objects from the Migrated PB 9.0 pbl's so that I can check them into PVCS.  If I do this PB will display a change icon on all objects since they will be different because of the comment line in the source control file.  I know I can turn off all headers in the export options but I want to only turn off the comment line.  Any possibility this can be done?

Thanks
Peter Barnum

#2 2003-09-23 13:29:28

Phil

Hi Peter,

When I export an object with PB 9, I still see the complete header.  Are you performing an export or are you adding objects to source control?

We can certainly add an option like this, but I want to make sure we understand the problem first.

Regards,

Phil

#3 2003-09-25 11:55:13

ptbarnum

I found that Powerbuilder 9.0 exports the comment header line in the export file only if comments have been entered for the object.   Whereas Powergen always outputs the comment line if you turn on headers.

I have migrated our application using bootstrap import and build in Powergen.  I was planning to use Powergen export and then batch files to lock and check in objects to PVCS.  This will give us a source control system that has the same code as what's in the Powerbuilder pbl's.  Since Powerbuilder gives you that icon showing if your object is in sync with source control, getting the source exactly the same between the pbl and PVCS is very handy.

#4 2003-09-26 10:44:22

Phil

Gotcha.  Consider it done.  We'll get it into a maintenance release shortly.

Regards,

Phil

Board footer