E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-28 23:55:50

cwong

Re: Configuration for running PowerGen from DOS command Prompt

Hi,

I have a DOS script which executes overnight. (See sample Script 6 from the "guys" from Daniel Systems Australia - now Integrated Aviation Software)

It has been modified to accommodate updates and changes since it was first put up on the PowerGen site.

It was running well since inception but a few weeks back, we had a hardware failure which resulted in a rebuild of the server.

Since then the overnight build has not completed fully.

There are 2 calls to PowerGen.

1. to build the libraries(PBLs)
2. to build the PBDs and EXE.

It successfully completes step 1 and when step 2 begins, Powergen crashes out. This is evident in an entry in the event log of the Windows OS.

I can manually execute step 2 of the process successfully.

What I believe is that a limit is being reached and it stops.

Since this is a DOS based script, is there a setting in Windows (such as the FILES or BUFFER variables in the config.sys file) that is supposed to be a minimum value  ?

I don't want to adjust the script, since it has been working for a number of years.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

Chun.

#2 2011-07-05 14:10:45

Phil

Re: Configuration for running PowerGen from DOS command Prompt

Does the second part of the script produce a PowerGen output log (powergen.log, by default)?  If so please send it.

There are no settings, that I now of, that should limit the operation.  In the script is the second operation waiting (start /wait) for the first operation to continue?

Regards,

Phil

Board footer