E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-17 08:04:32

jRitz

Re: PowerGen & Harvest

I am utilizing a DOS batch file to run PowerGen from a Harvest UDP.  Every time I execute from Harvest, I receive the following PowerGen error dialog:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

C:\PowerGen\Pwrgn8.exe
abnormal program termination

This does not happen when I run the same batch file from the DOS command prompt. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting past this error?

Thanks

#2 2003-10-17 13:29:47

Phil

What versions of Harvest and PowerGen are you using?  Is the Harvest UDP the one that was developed by CA for integrating Harvest and PowerBuilder?  If so, it only works with Harvest V4.x and PowerGen V4.x.

We released a tool, HarPB, which replaces the UDP/PowerGen combination and works for Harvest V5. and beyond.  I know Highmark has licenses to it, so you might want to take a look.

Regards,

Phil

#3 2003-11-05 11:53:51

jRitz

I am using PowerGen version 5.0  build 6, Harvest 5.1.1 Build 12.

I am baffeled by the issue that if I kick the process off from the NT Server box, everything works fine, but if I kick the process of via a Unix Script utilizing hexecp from Harvest, PowerGen errors out with

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error
abnormal program termination

in the PowerGen executable.

#4 2003-11-05 14:06:33

Phil

My first thought is that PowerGen is running in a different user account when run from UNIX; is that possible?  Also how os the UNIX server conifgured relative to the build machine where PowerGen is running?

Phil

Board footer