E. Crane Computing Support Forum

Providing support for all E. Crane Computing products, including POWERGEN, PBSERVICE, HARPB, VERSIONEDIT, PBLRESCUE, and PBLEXPLORER.

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-04 11:12:10

lmolter

Re: UNICODE issue?

We're having a problem with PowerGen 6 in that extended ascii characters are being turned into garbage after a sync of our PB10 app. For example, the copyright symbol, alt-0169, is being converted to '$$HEX2$$a9002000$$ENDHEX$$'.  The powerbuilder objects are in PVCS and, after a check-out, the objects have their extended ascii characters intact.  It looks to me like there is an issue with the sync process.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Larry

#2 2005-04-06 05:50:17

Phil

Hi Larry,

There is an update to PowerGen V6.0 that will handle source exported in HEXASCII format. PB will use HEXASCII when exporting (registering or checking in) objects that contain special characters.

Please download Pwrgn10.zip from ftp.ecrane.com (using username and password of 'ecrane') to get the update.

Regards,

Phil 

#3 2006-01-13 06:40:17

mariuszd

Hi,
I work with PowerGen 6.0.0.38 and have problem with hexascii. I set Source Encoding Option to HEXASCII. Imported object is good when HEX$$.... is in code of object. After import object is ok. Error occurs when Polish character is in PB comment of imported object($PBExportComments$). After import object using PowerGen comment visible in PB still has form:
<i>podania argument$$HEX1$$f300$$ENDHEX$$w</i>
It is big problem when Polish character is last in comment. Next word of object body is <b>forward</b>. PowerGen imports forward like part of comment and returns import error:
<i>Importing Objects
uo_wekn_base_epselect_date    User Object    H:\CIT\PARTENONCIT\wew\citwewkn_ma.pbl
(0001): Error       C0114: Error scanning object source entry: uo_wekn_base_epselect_date

1 errors found </i>

Please help!

Mariusz

#4 2006-01-18 14:56:09

Phil

Hi Mariusz,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Can you send the exported object that contains the HEX character in the comment?

Are you sure it is allowed to have Unicode characters in an object comments?

Regards,

Phil

#5 2006-02-01 04:34:58

mariuszd

Hello
I have error during uploading attach file. How can I send you file ? Email ?
We always use Polish characters in PB comments. I dont know reason why we shouldnt.
Mariusz

exported object in PB hexascii mode for example (view whith notepad):

#6 2006-02-07 15:46:01

Phil

Hi Mariusz,

We are working on a solution for this.  I'll get to you and the forum when it's ready.

Regards,

Phil

#7 2006-07-06 05:14:43

rthiel

Hi Phil,

could you please provide me with download instructions, too.

Thanks

Ruediger

#8 2006-03-07 08:37:13

Phil

Hi Mariusz,

We have a fix to this.  I will e-mail download instructions to you (and enyone else who has this problem).

Regards,

Phil

#9 2006-07-19 13:23:18

Phil

Ruediger,

The release is now available for download from www.ecrane.com.  If you have active Technical Support, you should have received e-mail with the new download password.

If you haven't received the mail, let us know.

Regards,

Phil

Board footer